When it comes to exporting cars and their parts such as brake pads to other countries, regardless of the reputation and name of the exporting country, one should look for international quality standards recognized by that supplier. That is why the International Automotive Task Force (IATF 16949), which stands for International Automotive Task Force, seeks to organize the needs of automakers’ “quality management system” or QMS. In the following, we will discuss the reasons for the importance of the IATF 16949 standard.
Given the importance of this issue, it can be said that many companies around the world are currently transitioning and changing activities to this type of standard. This standard was created to coordinate tests and evaluations and design certifications around the world in the field of auto parts supply chain and consists of the world’s leading automakers. Some of the names are:
BMW Group, Chrysler Group, Daimler AG, Fiat Group Automobile, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Renault SA, Volkswagen AG, AIAG (US), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (UK) , VDA (Germany)
The primary goal of this standard is to develop a quality management system, continuous quality improvement with the approach of preventing problems and reducing differences and waste in the auto parts supply chain. (Currently, IATF 16949 is an independent standard that arises from the integration of the structure and requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 and other specific needs of automakers). Any supplier, small or large, can request this standard, and most major suppliers around the world have already received this standard.
A quality management system based on IATF 16949 is a way to define “how an organization can meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders”, as well as “how to improve continuous quality improvement”. This mechanism requires organizations to define goals and continuously improve quality to continue all processes and achieve the set goals. Other objectives of this standard include preventing further problems, which include examining the precise needs and important tools of the automotive industry.
Previously, ISO / TS 16949: 2009 standards, along with ISO 9001: 2008, defined the quality management system for the design, development, production, installation, and service of automotive-related products. Applications include suppliers involved in the production of raw materials, parts or services, assembly and heating, welding, painting, or other payment services.
This standard provides the necessary guidance and tools for companies and organizations that want to always meet the needs of customers, ensure that this is done correctly and always maintain customer satisfaction and quality of their products. In this standard, “customer” takes precedence over everything, and manufacturers and suppliers always monitor the quality of products on behalf of customers.
This standard is based on seven principles which are as follows and are observed for brake pads:
• Customer oriented
• Need people
• Comprehensive approach
• Regular upgrades
• Evidence-based decision making
• Relationship and information management
Applying this standard assures us that customers constantly receive quality products and services from us. Undoubtedly, this can be very profitable. This standard specifies the needs of the quality management system or QMS of organizations as follows:
• Demonstrate the ability of that organization to continuously provide products that are the wishes and needs of the customer, as well as the safety and legality of that product
• Increase customer satisfaction through the correct use of the system
• Using system upgrade processes
• A general definition of its provisions and who are its subordinates and what their expectations are
• Targeted articulation of goals and identification of new business opportunities
• Putting the customer at the forefront, ensuring that needs and satisfaction are met
• Having and increasing loyal customers, finding new customers and expanding business and business
• Development towards the discovery of new markets because some customers need this standard before doing business
• Identify and review the risks associated with your organization
• Performing work more effectively and purposefully to increase production and its effectiveness and ultimately reduce domestic costs
• Increase social responsibilities by presenting a document and applying a policy of sharing responsibilities
When to implement IATF 16949?
The IATF 16949 standard application can be made at any time, but you should usually take this standard seriously when you are looking for the following:
• Your customers identify their needs as part of the contract.
• Organizations want to improve products and customer satisfaction.
The decision of organizations to develop and implement any new quality management system or QMS is a strategic decision. All efforts should be made to identify and minimize risks and risks, to meet customer needs and not to violate the goals of the organization and the customer and their needs. Organizations must be committed to:
• Identify direct and indirect customers as those whom the organization values and credits
• Understand the current and future needs of customers and their level of expectations
• Relate the goals of the organization to the needs and expectations of the customer
Establish a relationship between customer needs and expectations throughout the organization
As you know, excessive heat is harmful to the car and can lead to serious problems. Parts such as radiators, cylinder heads, engines, ...
Introduction to IATF 16949 When it comes to exporting cars and their parts such as brake pads to other countries, regardless of the ...
With the development of the automotive industry, understanding the performance of the car has also become very important, especially the braking system, which ...